We tried to go see the temple lights early in the Christmas season but it was way too busy. We couldn't even find a place to park. We were finally able to go a few days after Christmas. It was the best! We found parking right away and didn't have to fight through mass crowds! It was so awesome and so peaceful! This Christmas season was kind of a blur to me. I finished my own Christmas shopping early enough but then I also did shopping for the girls I work with. And there shopping was much more complicated then my own family stuff. Plus on top of that I had some weird work weeks where I felt like I was at work more then not, yet somehow I was still working the same 40 hours. Plus, Michael was finishing up finals. Then the kids all got sick. It was just a lot all at once. And it was really hard to really get into the actual spirit of Christmas. Walking around Temple Square, looking at all of the different nativities, listening to the different Christmas hymns, seeing the beauty of the lights and being with my family all helped me finally feel that spirit. It was a much needed feeling of peace and comfort at the end of a crazy season. Next year I'd like to implement some changes so that I can just slow down and feel that spirit a little sooner in the season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment