Tuesday, October 18, 2011

An Update

So . . . .
I interviewed at Target today and was hired.  How could they resist 5 years of experience plus my winning personality? ;) I know that I should be feeling nothing but excited and grateful to have a job.  Especially a job that I already know I am really good at.  Target was my first real job when I was 16.  I was hired as a lowly cashier and over the next five years climbed through the ranks.  I have done practically every job there is to do in that place.  However, when I left I never expected to go back, especially at Christmastime!!!  I had found a job in the social work field, I finished my bachelor's degree in social work.  My true passion and desire is to be a social worker!  I am one step away from being licensed to practice social work in the state of Texas! (Technically I am licensed right now, but I still have to take the national exam to make it permanent! I think I'm still recovering from the GRE!)  Okay, sorry, I just needed to get that out of my system.


Don't get me wrong, I truly am grateful and I feel very blessed to have a job, and to be contributing to our finances.   It's a temporary position through the holidays, but if I do well in job performance reviews I could be kept on longer.  Personally, I'm hoping my dream job with the state will finally decide they want me and will be won over by my charms!  I applied for several jobs with them again very recently and am still hoping something will pan out.  And if it doesn't I'll just keep looking.  My very sweet, supportive husband told me that he sees this job at Target as a transition for me.  It's something to hold me over until I find my dream job! I just love him!

3 comments:

  1. I agree completely with Michael about your Target job. Hang in there, the job of your dreams is coming your way. Until then congrats on having some extra money and at a place you won't have to learn the ropes at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have to have faith that this isn't the top for you. There's no way in heck it is, so hey! Extra money! Target discount! Wearing red shirts to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey if things don't work out with the dream job you can go hang out with occupiers I am sure there is a group near you! Go hang out and tell everyone you are there because you are underemployed and don't want to pay your student loans back because the evil school made you take them out. LOL!!! Yes Emily I LOL'd

    ReplyDelete