When I was growing up a fun thing that my family did during conference weekend was put together puzzles. I thought it would be a fun thing to continue in my own little family. So Michael and I went to a few different stores to pick out the perfect puzzle for our weekend. We chose a 1,000 piece Beatles puzzle. I think we had a little bit too much confidence in our abilities, because this was all we got done!!
Next time I think we'll go with the 500 piece Mario puzzle! Besides starting a new family tradition, I really enjoyed conference! I felt inspired and uplifted as I listened to the words of instruction, guidance, and comfort spoken by our Apostles and Prophet. I loved when President Monson got up to announce the new temples and started out with a cheerful, "Hello!" I loved the eternal perspective that I was reminded of. I'll have to go back and actually read the talks to remember who said what, but I was very grateful for the whispers from the spirit that confirmed once again that God loves me, He knows me on a very individual and personal level. He knows my challenges and my trials, and He will bless me as I continue to endure and do my very best to live faithfully and keep His commandments and my covenants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Holy Smokes! That puzzle is all shades of black, white, and gray! It's a very cool photo to be sure, but I think you were indeed a bit over-confident. That's a fun tradition! I hope you continue it.
ReplyDeleteI like the puzzle idea, I might have to borrow it! Sometimes I've tried to have a conference project, like once I crocheted a scarf. But I can't always come up with easy projects that allow to listen well!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I read your blog I just like you more and more! You are such an amazing woman. I can only hope to get a daughter in law like you someday. Lucky Gena and Steve!
ReplyDeleteI too loved conference! I also loved when Pres. Monson got up and said, "Hello" and I also loved when he announced all the new temples and then after saying all these elaborate places says, " And Star Valley, Wyoming." It was just soooo cute. He is such a sweetheart. Every time I hear the words of these good men my testimony grows even stronger.
I love that you are starting your own little family traditions. However, I do think that puzzle looked really really hard! Next time I would choose an easier one:)
Take Care!
JoLynn
I just had to tell you that we saw that same awkward family photo you were talking about with the cats. We were dying! People are so weird!
ReplyDelete