Michael and I celebrated our two year anniversary yesterday! We are so lucky because our anniversary will always fall somewhere around Labor Day weekend, which gives us plenty of time to celebrate! This weekend was especially great because we were approved for a pass to go down to San Antonio.
I had to work in the morning on Friday, but was able to take the afternoon off. It was such a hectic and crazy week full of frustrations. Plus, I've been on the verge of getting sick for the last two weeks, it's been stressful. When I got home from work on Friday this is what I came home to:
| This is the hotel we stayed in, the Emily Morgan. It's rumored to be haunted, which would explain a lot . . . . Just kidding! |
| This was our view from our hotel window! (That's the Alamo, by the way!) |
Top Left: Michael sitting in front of a really cool tree at the Alamo.
Top Middle: More pretty trees at the Alamo. We couldn't take any pictures while we walked through the buildings at the Alamo, but the grounds were beautiful!
Top Right: That is the outside wall of the Alamo and peaking over it is our hotel. The wall surrounding the Alamo reminded us of "Pirates of the Caribbean" so every time we walked down this sidewalk Michael would sing the "Pirates" music.
Bottom Right: Michael making a "Captain Morgan" pose along the "Pirates" wall
Bottom Middle: Our hotel room was on the 7th floor all the way at the end, can you see it? ;)
Bottom Left: Michael and I outside the Alamo
Top Left: The River Walk
Top Middle: Michael and I outside our hotel
Top Right: More of the River Walk, it's so beautiful!!
Bottom Right: This is the restaurant that Michael took me to for our anniversary dinner. It is Fogo de Chao, an authentic Brazilian steakhouse. It's kind of like Tucanos only much, much better (that's what Michael told me at least, I've never been to Tucanos)! It was by far the best meat I have ever had! They also had some amazing cheese rolls and carmalized bananas. It was so delicious!
Bottom Middle: Michael and I walked along the River Walk again after dinner. It was a lot more crowded at night then it was during the day, but I'm glad that we went again anyways.
Bottom Left: We took this one right before dinner, it was very windy!
Michael and I have both been pretty busy with work over the last few months. It was so nice and much needed to be able to have a few days away to celebrate our anniversary, to reconnect and to relax.


So glad you were able to have that time together as well. Thanks for sharing it with us! Happy Anniversary! Love you both!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I'm so glad you got to go down to San Antonio. Seth and I went there last Labor Day! It's such a fun trip, I absolutely loved the river walk. We had some of the best BBQ there. How fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Anniversary! It looks like it was a wonderful little get away and great way to spend your anniversary.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you two so glad you were able to get away! Sarah we need to catch up soon my schedule is much more flexible now. Love the Alamo pictures and the river walk.
ReplyDelete