This weekend Michael and I had a Star Wars marathon/themed weekend. We watched the first three movies over Friday-Sunday. If we had the last three we would have watched them too, but we didn't want to spend the money. In between the movies we played Star Wars the Old Republic online. Michael has had this game pretty much since it came out, but now it's free to play up to level 15. The cool thing is we are able to play with my brother, Tyler, who lives in Utah. It was a lot of fun . . . I know, I know, I'm a little bit of a nerd . . .
I went to the Relief Society broadcast on Saturday night. I needed some encouragement from my husband to get me there, but I am very glad I went. During the opening hymn I thought of all of my sisters that I live so far away from, yet who I knew were in attendance at that meeting singing the same words I was. It made me miss them so much, but at the same time I felt so grateful to have such wonderful women in my life that are there to strengthen and support me, that I know will always be there for me no matter what. I loved the talks, and I enjoyed the spirit. It also made me feel very excited for General Conference next weekend!
Our church meetings today were probably the best we've had since we've been in that ward. All of the testimonies were about the fundamentals and basics of the gospel. They were all just short and heartfelt, no crazy stories or weepers. Then we taught a really great lesson about wise and foolish choices to our primary class, and then for third hour we watched a movie about family history and preparing for the temple. It wasn't a cheesy movie at all. It was documentary style about a real family and it really seemed just genuine and not fluffy or rehearsed, ya know. The spirit was so strong throughout all three hours and I felt so much peace and love from my Heavenly Father.
I feel like the last few months have been a whirlwind of craziness. My job keeps me incredible busy and preoccupied. By the time I get home at night, or downtime on the weekends I am completely mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. I felt like this weekend was just what I needed to recharge my batteries. I stayed up too late each night though. it threw me out of my routine. 6 AM is going to come fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It sounds like it was just what the doctor ordered some good ol' Star Wars fun and then some great meetings to keep you going! It was good to hear how you guys are doing. Try not to work to hard.
ReplyDeleteTake Care!