I think the pictures speak for themselves.
We showed the picture of our pumpkins to our primary class, they really liked mine best. Mine is the one on the left, with the toothy, crooked grin. Unfortunately he lost a tooth in the carving process . . .
The picture in the bottom right is of my new glasses. They're a little bigger then I would have liked, but they had to be to accommodate my tri-focal, progressive lens. Apparently I have a condition called convergence excess. I don't quite understand it fully, but here's a definition I found on a vision website:
"Convergence excess describes a condition where the eyes do not exactly aim together; rather, they aim too close or in front of the object. As a consequence, blur, confusion, or fatigue may result.
Convergence excess will effect near work tasks, especially reading and writing. Symptoms of convergence excess include eyestrain, headaches, blurred vision, double vision, sleepiness and trouble remembering what was read."
When my doctor explained it to me so many things made sense. I actually don't know how I made it through college with this because I never read my text books. I would try but couldn't get through them because I'd have to keep going back over what I just read. Other then finding out new things about my eyes life has been pretty routine. I have ten cases at work, which is a capped caseload. Eventually I'll have thirty cases. As busy as I feel now I really can't imagine what it'll be like when I times it by three! Last week was pretty intense. I had two new cases to work on, plus a court hearing that I was pretty stressed about. If my job were like school, court hearings would be like tests, except you're sworn under oath to tell the truth, and the judge is a really scary teacher that will yell at you if you get the answer wrong, and there's another attorney whose whole job it is to make you look incompetent. Okay, my job really is not like school at all . . . Court ended up going really well, my attorney helped me out a lot and I knew my case and the work I had done on it. I think that the more I have to testify and be in court the more comfortable I will be with it. Also if I do my job and follow policy there won't be anything any one can say against me. It doesn't make me feel any less stressed or any less pressure.

I love your pumpkins. They are both very cute! I also love hearing what you two are up to. You sound very busy but it sounds like you are doing really well and despite being busy you are also enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteOh and your glasses look darling on you!
JoLynn