The pointsplus system is kind of crazy, but I think I'll like the message boards and the other "community" things they have. We went grocery shopping yesterday and I bought the normal things that we usually get, I'll just have to make sure I'm calculating and tracking points which will take some thinking and preparing ahead. But I was glad to find that most of our normal stuff can still work with pointsplus.
So far the weekend has been good. I've stayed within my point limit and we even went to lunch at Olive Garden yesterday! I looked up what I wanted ahead of time and stuck to it. I only had one bread stick! I was so proud of myself! I felt like I was still able to enjoy going out, but didn't feel guilty the whole time or sick to my stomach after from over eating!
I need to lose about 30 pounds to get to a healthy BMI. It's so hard to tell people this, especially people I work with, because I know that I'm not all that "big" necessarily. The weight is definitely there, and I definitely feel it, but I guess to some people it doesn't seem like I need to lose that much. And I don't want to be snobby or one of those people that's always just eating salad or something, but I want to and need to lose the weight for my own personal reasons, which I guess they don't understand.
One of the biggest problems I've had in the last few months is just a lack of motivation mixed with a lack of time and energy. After joining Weight Watchers and having two successful weeks of working out I feel hopeful that this time I'll be able to stick with it.
I completely understand all of this post. I wish you lots of luck. You will do great! You look good just the way you are but I understand completely wanting to loose it for your own self. You'll do great!
ReplyDelete