Thursday, November 15, 2012

Washington Everett

At the beginning of General Conference last October President Monson made this announcement, "I am pleased to announce that effective immediately, all worthy and able young men who have graduated from high school or its equivalent, regardless of where they live, will have the option of being recommended for missionary service beginning at the age of 18, instead of age 19. . . ."

My baby brother, Tyler, graduated a year early from high school and is at LDS Business College this semester. He has been praying for months to know if he should stay at school next semester or go home, but he hadn't received any answers or direction. President Monson's announcement was the answer to his prayers. 

Five and a half weeks later Tyler has submitted his papers and received his mission call last night!!




Tyler is going to the Washington Everett Mission, Spanish speaking.  He goes into the MTC on January 30th!  He is very excited!  And, I'm very excited for him.  I'm so proud of all of my siblings.  They are all doing such amazing, good things with their lives!

3 comments:

  1. This is the first I have seen the pictures! I sure wish I could of been there! I am so proud of all of my children as well. You are all very amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look real terrble in these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such exciting news! Tears welled up in my eyes as I read this. I felt so happy and proud of your brother (and I don't even know him-I'm weird). My son Blake turns 18 in April and graduates from high school in May. He has been working to get a scholarship and planning to attend college for that year after high school before his 19th b-day. After this announcement it put a spin on what he should do. After a few events coming about (which were answers to his prayers) he has decided to have a change of plans. He now is planning on sending in his papers Feb. 28 and we are so excited for him. I'm so proud of these good young men that are so willing to serve!

    ReplyDelete