Sunday, January 13, 2013

November 29-December 1

Michael and I went to Austin that weekend for a marriage retreat with his company.  It was a fun weekend.  The classes were not very fun, and were a bit awkward.  The subject was "The Five Love Languages".  We each got a copy of the book and took a quiz to determine our love language.  The rest of the classes didn't really talk about that subject at all.  We went on an awesome date on Friday night though.  We went to Barnes and Noble, saw the new James Bond movie, "Sky Fall", we really liked it! And, we went to dinner at
The Cheesecake Factory, which is always delicious.  It was nice to just be together and away from the every day stuff that we do at home.


On December 1, 2012 Glenn Beck came to the PX on Fort Hood to sign autographs as part of his book tour.  I had already been planning on giving his new book to my mom, dad and father-in-law for Christmas so it was perfect that I was able to get it signed for them.  I didn't think I would be able to at first because of the marriage retreat but we ended up getting home in time.

Glenn Beck was so nice! He signed my books and then put his pen down and shook my hand with a handshake where you use both hands and then he told me he prays for my family.  Michael told me that I should tell "Brother Beck he says hi."  He's so funny.



It took me so long to blog this because I wanted it to be a surprise, and then the end of December-beginning of January got super busy!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing that for us! You are so very thoughtful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift! I'm sure they all loved it. Your time alone with Michael sounded fun but not the class part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah!! Brother Beck. At first I was like "holy crap! It must have been a freakin zoo! How did you even get to the line??" But then I remembered that you are in Texas, not Utah. But it was probably still really busy!

    ReplyDelete