Sunday, January 13, 2013

Virginia Trip

I took two week off over the Christmas-New Years holidays.  It was so needed and so worth it!  I flew in on December 26th and got to spend a few days with my Washburn family.  I wish I'd taken more pictures with them but I only got the two.  The top right is Catherine and Jonah seeing who is taller.  Those boys are all taller then me!  It blew me away how manly the little boys I remember are becoming!  And then there's cute little Joe.  He is just as angelic and cherubic as babies come!

On December 28th I got to meet up with my family at the Washington D.C. temple where my baby brother Tyler was able to make covenants and become an endowed member of our church.  It was so special.  I love being in the temple with my family.  The top left picture is a little dark but it's Tyler, Mom, Me, and Dad outside the temple after.  I was so glad the Christmas lights were still on.  It was so pretty.

The middle left two pictures were from home.  The tree and stockings remind me of when I was growing up.  I always loved it when the house was all decorated for Christmas.  The middle right  picture is the back yard and the first time I've seen snow in two years.  I didn't miss it. ;)  The top, middle left picture is cute Tyler on New Year's Eve.  The middle right was our traditional game of Risk that we play on New Years Eve.  The bottom left is our traditional New Years Eve foods.  The bottom, middle left is the pretty Virginia countryside.  The two bottom right pictures is the cathartic burning of old journals full of teenage angst.  Don't worry, I saved the good stuff and only burned the embarrassing stuff that no one needs to read ever.  It was nice.

It was a really great trip and so nice to be home for the holidays.  I only wish that Michael could have come with me.

2 comments:

  1. I wish Michael could have come also! so grateful you were here with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You for sure needed a break from your job and a chance to relax a bit. It looks like it was a very nice visit with your family. I'm glad you got to see them and visit with them.

    ReplyDelete