It's late and I should be sleeping, but my Fox News app keeps sending me messages that do not bring me "hope" for the next four years.
Today was a long day at work. I got a new case that is of a more serious nature then any of my other cases and in another case I received some news on a client that has thrown a wrench in the direction the case was heading. There is quite a bit of legal stuff that I don't quite understand but that I've been trying to figure out, etc. Thus the headache.
A lot of times when I tell people what I do and where I work I get comments like, "that's a hard job," or "I don't know how you do that." To be honest, I don't know how I do it either because it is a hard job, and it's an intense job. It's emotionally, mentally, and physically draining. This is going to sound mega cheesy but one of the biggest things that keeps me going every day is knowing that I have a wonderful, loving, supportive husband that I get to hang out with when I get home. The other thing that helps me is my faith in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. There is a scripture that I love and think of often from The Book of Mormon. It is in Moroni chapter 9 at the end of a long epistle from Mormon to his son Moroni. Mormon had just relayed some really awful things that had been going on with his people. He wrote of death, destruction, murders and so on. At the end of this grim and gruesome chapter, in verse 25 he writes, "My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever." In my job I see so much pain, suffering, self-destruction, generational cycles of abuse and so on, but I know that Jesus Christ has atoned for all of these things. And I know that he will heal all of these wounds and broken hearts.
This scripture has been on my mind today at the close of this most recent election season. I don't know what the future holds. But, I do know that all things happen for a reason, even though I definitely do not understand what that reason may be 99% of the time. So I will choose to keep my faith in Jesus Christ and look forward to the future knowing that he is in charge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that scripture you quoted. It is just what we needed to read at this time with our country in the state that it is in and that it is headed. All we can do is have faith in Jesus Christ.
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for you and all that you must see in your job. When I taught kindergarten years ago, I taught in a rough area. Some of the things that I knew those little kids were going through at home were very heart breaking and disturbing. It made me so thankful for the way I grew up and the family and husband that I had. I often reflect back on those kids that I taught and it reminds me still how thankful I truly am. I'm glad that you have Michael and that he has you. Your a wonderful little couple and all of these things are preparing you to be fabulous parents someday.
Also be grateful you live in Texas! Thank you for that scripture it is what I have been feeling all day! I am so grateful for the gospel!
ReplyDeleteNot to ignore 90% of your post, but I have to say, I've stopped listening to the news. I used to listen every morning on my way to work, and then I realized that there was a connection between the news and me thinking this was the worst world ever.
ReplyDelete