Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Another CPS Post . . . It is Child Abuse Awareness Month . . .
I know my last post was about my job, but it's been a really stressful month! Usually there are more lows, or neutrals, then highs. But every now and then I get a glimmer of light that reminds me why I do this job and it makes all of the lows/neutrals totally worth it. I don't really have favorites among the kids on my case load, but there is one little 3 year-old boy that I love and adore. He's been through so much in his short 3 years of life but he is so resilient and is the sweetest little guy. He always gets really excited to see me and gives me a big hug. When I visit with kids there are certain questions that I always ask them. It's part of my job to make sure that they feel safe in their placement, that they're needs are being taken care of, that they're developing and learning like they're supposed to, etc. I visited my cute little 3 year-old today. He LOVES cars so we were playing with his cars and I ran through my questions with him, asking him about colors and numbers, and if he likes living with Granny and Papa. He's so smart. Well, today I decided to ask him a different question, I asked him who loves him. I was hoping he would tell me his Granny and Papa love him, but instead he got a really big smile on his face and said, "you love me Miss Sarah!" It completely melted my heart. And the last two days have been very hard for me for several different reasons, so to hear my sweet little kiddo say he knows I love him just made my whole day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yeah for sweet moments that remind us why we choose the path we are on! p.s. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that just brought tears to my eyes. It reminded me of when I was teaching kindergarten (16 years ago) I had this little girl that I apparently was being molested by her mother's looser live-in boyfriend. Long story short she ended up being to be removed from the home but still fortunately didn't change schools. She would say things like that to me. It would make me so sad to have to think that about these poor children that have to live in these types of situations. I'm so thankful for those who do your job. What a blessing it is to have people like you to help see that these kids are safe and happy!
ReplyDeleteI hope things are going better for you! Hang in there!
Take Care,
JoLynn