Within the last few months Michael and I have each taken up a new hobby. It started with Michael deciding he'd like to learn to whittle, or wood carve. He looked up a bunch of stuff online and realized it actually seemed doable. He bought a book and some beginner supplies and found a project he'd like to try. He's pretty good. I couldn't get the pictures to load in order, so his pictures are after mine.
After Michael decided to wood carve I started thinking about how I have always wanted to be able to paint, but lack the creativity and talent. However, I decided to give it a try. I decided to start with water coloring. I've looked up some stuff online but painting has so many different elements to it that I'd really like to just take a class some day.
 |
| This is something I did while watching a youtube video. The shading and colors aren't quite right, but it looks waaay better then my first few tries! |
 |
| This I made up and did during conference weekend. I sent it to my sissy on her mission. |
 |
| Here's Michael's first project. |
 |
| Last weekend I planted some cucumber seeds. I was kind of surprised when they actually sprouted, and that they're actually growing! I'm going to re-pot them in a bigger pot to put out on the deck. |
 |
| Here are a few more of our plants. It looks so Springy out there! |
I love that the two of you have taken up some new hobbies. You two are very good at them too and I love all your plants and things you planted. You are inspiring to me!
ReplyDelete