Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Little "Garden"

We don't have a yard for an actual garden but I love having color and plants on my little apartment deck.  Last week we had crazy thunderstorms and rain that just down-poured. I thought for sure all of my little plants would drown from all the water, but they're doing better then ever!


This one is especially doing better then ever!  We bought and planted this one last year. . . . and killed it.  It was dead as dead can be.  And then it just sat as a pot of soil for a long time.  I never got around to cleaning it out.  So, this Spring when it got warm again it was a big surprise when the grass came out.  But there were no buds or flowers.  It was just the long grass.  I wanted to get rid of it and re-plant something but Michael told me to wait.  After all of our rainstorms last week we noticed that several buds had popped out and then they opened this week.  I was excited.  Especially because when we bought this plant last year it only had one bud.  But now it has several!

This is our cucumber plant.  I think I was overly ambitious/did not really believe that anything would actually grow!  I'm still skeptical that we'll actually get cucumbers from it.

So that's our little garden.  It's not much but I enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. I think its a fantastic garden. Every time I think of a garden I think I need a big garden. Seeing yours reminds me it didn't have to be huge. I love your garden. You have once again inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! Cause....I have problems with watering plants.

    ReplyDelete