I have a love-hate relationship with running. My family is full of runners. It seems to come so naturally and easy to them but I have to really work at it to try and barely keep up. It's really hard for me to find motivation to get up in the mornings after being woken up every two hours through the night by my baby that just loves to snuggle and be with me. I have to just not think about it and just do it and tell myself all the night before that I'm going to do it. This is how it usually goes: I get out there and lately it's been cold, it's hard to breath, I feel heavy, I feel like crawling back into my nice warm bed, etc. But I'm already out there and it'll most likely be the only thing I do just for me that day so I better make it count. As I begin running it's not so bad. I start going downhill just because that's where I live next to the jogging path. I feel better as I go along. Halfway through I turn around and go back up the hill. I tell myself it's not so bad. I tell myself that I am strong and I can do hard things. By the end of my run I feel good. I feel accomplished. I feel like I can face other challenges that may come throughout my day.
Some days there's more love and some days there's more hate. But overall I usually end up feeling good just because I was able to workout for the day. And, I know that the mental and emotional benefits I get from it are just as important, if not more so, as the physical benefits.
No comments:
Post a Comment