| Sooooooo, the boys are standing in time out in this picture. I couldn't help but take a picture, they looked so cute! But that day was absolutely HORRIBLE!! Michael was sick so I decided to try taking the kids to church by myself. We arrived a little late and barely missed the sacrament. Then Nathan needed to use the potty, so we went and he did that and we went back in. Then he needed to use the potty again, and then again. I think he went-and actually went each time-at least 4 times within a 15 minute span. And then the boys were running around and not listening, thus standing in an empty room in time out. FINALLY Sacrament Meeting ended and I thought I'd be able to get through the next two hours. No. Such. Luck. I had only been in Sunday School for about 10 minutes when Logan's nursery leader brought him to me. He had completely blown out his diaper. I was so horrified and embarrassed! AND I had run out of wipes the night before and forgot to replace them. I threw in the towel. We went to get Nathan from nursery and went home. But of course Nathan, who LOVES nursery, was so sad to go. As we were leaving he sadly told me that they hadn't had snack yet. After dropping the boys off at home I left for work and just sobbed. It was by far the roughest Sunday we have had in quite some time. On top of the Sunday from Hell it was also my last shift I'd be working at Aspire. Plus, I'd be starting full time hours, which would mean more time away from my kids and the whole thing just felt so overwhelming. And when I tried to do the "right thing" by taking everyone to church by myself it all just fell apart. After that Sunday Logan got Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease, then my mom and dad came to visit and we just haven't made it back to church since. Hopefully next time we go it will be more uplifting . . . |
No comments:
Post a Comment