I love setting New Year resolutions, even though they usually turn into half year resolutions . . . but I love evaluating the last year and seeing the things that I can work on. Last year was a really great year! I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again: living with your husband is WAY better then living without him!! We've had a solid 9 months straight of togetherness now, and it is awesome!! I finally feel like our life has normalized and we're getting into the routine of being married. This togetherness also gives me a lot of new things to work on, but I won't go into any of those details! One idea I had though was for us to do a thankful journal. Every day we each write down at least one thing that we are thankful for from the day. I like this idea for a few reasons, 1-It helps me focus on my blessings and acknowledge them. 2-I think it counts as journaling because we're writing it down. 3-It's a sort of record of our family history. 4-It fulfills so many things at once! Another goal that is a reoccurring goal of mine is to be healthier, and to be healthier I am going to work out and try not to eat as much sugar and snacky junk food. Michael and I are going to try doing this together. This last week went really well, but we struggle with weekends! We decided to give ourselves a date once a week where we can eat out, and a day where we can have a real, filled with sugar, treat. We'll see how it goes . . . I'm hopeful!
In other news, Michael and I were recently called to teach the CTR 7's in our ward. Our class consists of all of the 7-turning 8 year-olds. They are so cute and fun to teach!! Our class is really big though. We have 20 kiddo's on our roll and have had an average of 10 in attendance each week. Michael was sick today so I was flying solo. I'm very grateful for the nice primary presidency member that came and sat in with me! It also really helped that she was the mom of the loudest, most a.d.d. kid!! We are really enjoying this calling though. We have two kids in particular that we love and adore! The little girl is just like Hermoine Granger. You ask a question and her hand shoots up every single time!! I try to give other kids a chance to answer, but she's so eager and excited I usually let her talk too! The other is a little boy, also very intelligent but a bit more quiet then our little Hermoine. He told us that he wants to be a meteorologist when he grows up. Wow. These two are so well mannered and so well behaved. It's great! Is it bad that Michael and I decided they should get married some day? And that they would have beautiful, amazing children? :/
I think I used the phrase, "what would Jesus want you to do?" over 50 times in our 45 minute class. It's so great though because at the root of our church doctrine and at the root of our testimonies are some core principles that even children can understand. These include: I am a child of God. I have a Heavenly Father that loves me and wants me to make good choices so I can come back and live with him again. The Holy Ghost helps me make good choices and choose the right. When I choose the right I am following Jesus. It takes courage to choose the right, but when I do I am happy and feel peace. (That basically sums up our last two weeks of lessons!) I love getting to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in it's most basic form! And, I love that I get to do it with my husband!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very nice Sarah! Some of my favorite times at church are spent in Primary. Good luck with your resolutions too!
ReplyDeletePrimary really is great! I love that we are matching!! And your kids are about to get baptized, which is extra awesome!!
ReplyDeletePrimary is so full of the unexpected. Would you think you'd be a matchmaker? And I love the goals you and Michael have set to do together.
ReplyDeleteMy first church calling when I turned 18 was teaching a class of 14 Sunbeams with no additional help in my class. I loved them all and they were all adorable. How fun for you and Michael to work on your goals together it brings you closer as a couple. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI always say that when Jesus comes back, He'll go to early morning meetings with the Bishopric, but when church starts, He'll head right to Primary!!! Those precious ones are the best!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are teaching out of the same manual. Different classes but same lessons. I have the 4 year olds and oh it's so fun. With my little ones I sometimes wonder if they are getting anything I'm saying. Here I am talking about choosing the right and what would Jesus do and one of my cute little girls is interrupts me to tell me about her favorite gift that Santa brought her. I then have a few 4 year olds all wanting to tell about what Santa brought them and at about that time I'm thinking, well they got nothing out of this lesson. Then when their parents come to get them they say in their more most happy voices I learned to choose the right today. Awwww....yay....maybe they did get something out of it. At least they know what we talked about. That is what is so awesome about teaching these little ones. You and Michael are going to be the best teachers. Those kiddos will love and adore you guys!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're enjoying teaching Primary! I still breathe a sigh of relief every Sunday that I DON'T teach Primary anymore! But how fun that you'll get to be with the kids as they get baptized!
ReplyDelete