I'm glad Michael was able to enjoy this time with his brother and with a more skilled opponent. Unfortunately this was the only picture I took during the 4 days they were here. Christina took a few right before they left. I still need to ask her for copies!
The first day they were here we noticed that our water had been mysteriously turned off. This had never happened before and our apartment complex is usually pretty good about letting us know when they're going to do stuff like that. Michael walked over to the office and was told that there were some pipes that had burst a few buildings over so they needed to shut down the water, but it would be back up by the end of the night. It was kind of a good thing because it helped Michael and I realize that there are some things that we should have in case of emergencies and water is one of them. We walked over to Walmart and were able to purchase some and the water came back on a little bit later. In the end it was not a big deal, but while it was happening I was like, "Really? This stuff never happens, so of course it would happen the one time we have visitors!" Another thing that happens every three months, that I anticipate and look forward to excitedly is the day they spray for bugs! This also happened to fall on one of the days during their stay. This is what my dining room looks like on this blessed day:
It's actually kind of nice because it forces me to clean out my cupboards and pantry once every three months. However, this time it was another one of those, "Really?!" type moments because Christina is allergic to aerosol sprays. And, Michael and I both had to work in the morning when they typically spray. I don't know what they ended up doing . . . possibly walked over to Walmart. As a side note, I have the best husband in the whole world!! He got off earlier then I did and by the time I got home the kitchen had been put back together again. It was such a relief to not have to do one more thing after such a long day at work!! I love him so much!!!
It was fun to hang out, play games, and watch "The Big Bang Theory." Hopefully they had fun to.


How awesome to be forced to clean out the pantry every three months!
ReplyDeleteAll of those things always happen when you have company. I don't know why but it seems to go that way. I'm sure that Christina and Chris didn't care a bit. I'm sure that they were just thrilled to get to be there with you guys. If you ever come to Arizona come and stay with us. It would be so fun to get to have you guys!
ReplyDeleteAll reports point to the fact that fun was had. And I am so glad all the family has now met (what a funny, if true, statement). I miss you so much but it made me feel better that at least someone was getting to visit. Just wish it was me!
ReplyDeleteI know how much the spraying means to you! often times good things happen at inopportune times.
ReplyDelete