Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Michael and I decided to stay in Texas for the holidays this year.  We miss living close enough to family to be able to celebrate with them, but were still able to enjoy our holiday together and were able to see and talk to our families via the wonderful modern miracles technology has given us.  For Christmas Eve we went over to our good friends, the Olson's.  They have the cutest little almost two year old boy that tried to feed me mashed potatoes during dinner.  We love hanging out with them, they're a lot of fun!  For Christmas we slept in and woke up in time for church.  It's always fun to hear the choir sing but,  I think I would have enjoyed it more if the choir had all been singing in the same key . . . There were some really great talks though about the birth of our Savior.  After church we came home, heated up some pizza and opened presents.  We got some great stuff for each other and from our families.  We spent the afternoon talking to our families and friends and playing the new games we got.  To finish off the day we had crepes and watched "Captain America."  It was a really great day.

Here are my pictures from the day:

Michael's mom made him a really cool gift! It's so impressive it gets it's own shout out!
She crocheted the Star Wars characters for him!!!  Aren't they amazing?!

6 comments:

  1. A very talented Mom! Did she crochet your hat and scarf, as well? Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like all was merry and bright for you two! I continue to be impressed by your ability to get Michael to smile for pictures. Well done, my dear. I take credit for introducing my sister to the crochet art of amigurumi, but the talent she posesses is hers! Didn't she do such a good jo
    b?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. WANT. SOME.
    They should have had their own blog entry!
    Glad for such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow she's got some amazing talent those are so awesome!!!! :o) Looks like you had a fun christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those are awesome! Gina has some serious talent! I love that lady! In fact just this last week, my oldest who will be 17 in a few months said, "Man I wish Gina would come back for a visit and make me some Barney pancakes. I loved those Barney pancakes." She made him barney pancakes when he was 3 years old and he has never ever forgotten about them. Let me just say it takes some pretty incredible skills to be able to make barney pancakes.
    It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I'm glad that you were able to have such a great Christmas together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the highlights of my Christmas this year was the Skye session with you and Michael. We have it set up on Steve's computer but, alas, I still need to configure the usb ports on my desktop to use it regularly w/out Steve's laptop. But that would mean cleaning the desk. Maybe if I sprayed for bugs?

    I am so glad you guys liked the Star Wars gang. I did kind of worry that it would be a lame gift. I still have Obi Wan and Boba Fett to get through and I really want to invent a Jabba. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete