Friday, December 9, 2011

Deck the Halls


Top left:  I decided last year that I would like to collect Nativity sets.  Ideally I would like to get (or make)  a new one each year.  I didn't know if I'd be able to do it this year because I couldn't find any cute ones that weren't $30 + dollars.  I found this little guy at Hobby Lobby for $3!  I couldn't resist.

Middle left:  The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Saint Nichols soon would be there!

Bottom left:  This is my very first nativity given to me by my second Momma, Joanna, last year.  It's very kid friendly, which will be important in the future.  Plus, it's just adorable!

Top center:  O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, how lovely are thy branches . . . even if they're fake!  I always swore up and down that I would never have a fake Christmas tree, but marriage is all about compromise.  You win some, and you lose some.  This time I lost.  But, I think I'll win next year . . . :)

Bottom center:  We bought a keyboard! It was a really good Black Friday deal and my dad helped us out!  I love it!! I've been wanting one for a really long time and I'm so glad to finally have one!

Top right:  This picture may be hard to see, but we found some really cute holiday window stickers at Target for very cheap.  We like them, they make our apartment extra cheery!

Bottom right:  This may be the most impressive thing about our holiday decorating.  I made our wreath!!  All it took was a phone call to my mom and a nice lady in Hobby Lobby that came along at just the right moment to tell me my idea was looking great.  I am very pleased with how it turned out!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You didn't tell me you got a keyboard! And your wreath looks super cute on your door. And I'll sleep better knowing your tree isn't going to torch the place. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decorations and your wreath is SUPER cute. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete