As I've grown up there are some things that just make Christmas feel like Christmas for me. One thing is decorating the house. I always loved it when my mom dragged out her boxes of Christmas stuff: the stockings and the garland for the fireplace, the wreath for the door, the nativity set, the ornaments and lights for the tree, etc. This year I only had one Christmas box to drag out, but I think when we take it all down we'll need another one! Another thing is watching Christmas movies. When I was growing up we always watched: Charlie Brown Christmas, A Muppet Christmas Carol, The Santa Clause, and A Christmas Story among many others. A Muppet Christmas Carol is my mom's favorite. Whenever I watch it I miss her a lot. I can always hear her saying, "Oh, poor little mice!" during the Scrooge song! I love it! Lately on my way to work I've been blasting the Christmas mix that I made in high school with my BFF. I still love N'Sync's Christmas songs! We always read the nativity story from Luke chapter two on Christmas Eve. Michael's family reads The Polar Express. I would like to continue with both traditions in our family. I'm thinking we'll read one Christmas Eve and the other Christmas morning. Another fun tradition I had while growing up was decorating sugar cookies! This is a tradition that I love and want to do every year. However, it is so much work and Michael had a big PT test coming up so I didn't know if I could justify doing it for just the two of us, and really just for me. Luckily we have some friends that have two really cute little girls. Perfect! I thought. We'll just invite them over to decorate with us and then I'd be doing it for them and not just me! They came over last Saturday and we had so much fun!!
 |
| Yes that is my flour sitting in my sink! It's the only place I have to put it because our counters are too small!! |
 |
| Michael helped by taking pictures . . . |
 |
| We had so many!! I don't think anyone really minded though!! |
 |
| Picture #1- Guess who's these are, mine or Michael's |
 |
Picture #2-guess who's these are, mine or Michael's
I don't think this guessing game will be very hard at all . . . |
Answer: Picture #1-me. Picture #2-Michael. Yeah . . . he has all of the creative jeans in this family!
 |
| Here he is pondering, trying to get those creative juices flowing! ;) |
 |
| This one I had to add because I just love his smile! :) |
 |
| So many cookies!! So much frosting!! I'm getting a sugar rush just thinking about it!! |
What are some of your traditions?
Oh this looks like so much fun! How fun for that other little family to get to come and decorate cookies with you guys. I bet that they really appreciated all your hard work and time and that they got to join in on all the fun.
ReplyDeleteI love Michael's and your cookies. Way cute and fun! I'm so impressed at how awesome of a wife you are. You will make a wonderful mother.
Merry Christmas!
Ha! I love the cookie that looks like a fried egg! Put that on a sandwich for Michael! We decorate cookies too. It is such a mess. But it wouldn't be Christmas without it. I just keep the broom going and wash the table down four times when we are finished.
ReplyDeleteI am going to have to do something about that Ute apron you are wearing....
Cute!! I hate your apron. Even though my mom got it for you. (actually its cute) Ummm we made a tradition this year to put a dvd in each others' stockings! I got Rocket Man :)
ReplyDelete