Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving (a week later)!!

I know I'm a little bit late on this, but wanted to do it anyway.  Michael and I had a great Thanksgiving.  We spent the morning hanging out at home where I baked and we had one of Michael's Army buddy's over that wasn't able to go home for the holiday.  I made an apple pie and grandma Helen's butterhorn rolls.  She has been making them for over 60 years and they're Michael's favorite! I was so nervous about getting the recipe right and not killing the yeast, etc.  They were very successful and delicious though!

The pie got a little bit burnt . . . oops!

Mmmmm. I should make these again soon!!

For dinner we went over to our new friends' house.  They made a delicious turkey dinner and we had my apple pie for desert.  It was so fun to have people to hang out with and share the holiday with.  As it turns out they are both from Utah and the wife is starting the same master's program that I am in at Texas A&M.  What are the odds?!  We became fast friends.

This year I have had a lot to be grateful for.  The number one thing being my wonderful husband Michael and being able to actually live with him.  This year has been a hundred million times better then last year because of that!  I'm grateful for the good friends we have made recently and for the friends that we've known for longer.  I'm grateful for our families, for the love and support that they have always given us.  I'm grateful for my savior, Jesus Christ, and for His gospel.  The list goes on and on, but I'll leave it at that for now.


Happy Thanksgiving!!!


4 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on those rolls! I am sure they were eaten up pretty quickly. I have learned to make a double batch for our big crew and they still disappear in one day. What a bunch of piggies we are!

    I love the co-incidence with your new friends.I hope the two of you ladies can help each other out with your schooling. It's nice to have a friend you share something in common with.

    I love the last photo. Michael is still smiling and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie is so beautiful, I am tearing up!! Off to go find the Kleenex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm those rolls look good! I'm glad you blogged finally. I've been waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I too love Grandma Ellsworth's rolls. They are divine! I'm so impressed that you've already made them. Your apple pie looks so yummy. I wish I had a piece right now:) You are a fantastic wife. Michael is so lucky to have you. Man I hope my boys both find a wife like you.

    ReplyDelete