So . . . I don't necessarily have anything to say in this post, sometimes I just feel like writing and hope that whatever comes out makes some kind of sense.
I am with my family in Virginia at the moment. I came home yesterday and had the best flying day ever!! I had one layover that was only 35 minutes long. This usually creates some kind of panic attack in me when my first plane touches down because I worry that I won't get off the plane fast enough, and my gate will be all the way on the other side of the airport, and something crazy will happen that will make me miss the plane by minutes. This may sound crazy but I have had experiences with mad dashes through the airport and in one instance I was the absolute, very last person to get on the plane. And then every one watches you as you walk back to your seat and some even glare because they know it was you who was holding up the plane from leaving. Thad did not happen yesterday though! My gate number was printed on my boarding pass so when we hit the ground and taxi'd into our gate I could see that my gate was just a few down. It was so nice to get off one plane, and get right onto another. No waiting, no wondering if the high speed winds in Denver would get worse and cause delays. It was so nice!
Now I'm with my family. My baby sissy is leaving in February on an 18 month church mission in Long Beach, CA. She's going through the temple for the first time tomorrow to take out her endowments, and her boyfriend is getting baptized on Saturday. I feel so grateful that I get to be here for these two big events in their lives and that I have this week to spend with her before she leaves. I am so proud of that girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have a wonderful time with your family Sarah! How nice that you can be with your sister on her big day!
ReplyDeleteI get the same panicy feeling about layovers! We've been able to avoid them a lot lately, which is soooooo nice. I remember once, in Denver too, having my gates right next to each other - so nice!
ReplyDeleteIt's so great you get to be home for such special occasions!
LOVE it!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting time for your sister, her boyfriend, and all of your family! I love times like these, they make the day to day life challenges and struggles all worth while.
ReplyDeleteI totally feel your panicy feeling about layovers. I myself haven't had to many layovers in my life but I get that panicy feeling just having to catch a flight to begin with.
Take care and enjoy being with your family!