Friday was a very special day for Jessica. She went through the temple and received her endowment. I always think of Jessica as my little sister, emphasis on little, but being in the temple with her I could see how much she has grown up. When we were growing up I always felt like she could conquer the world and it seems even more so now. We forgot to take pictures at the temple, but we have so many I could probably have just put up an old one and no one ever would have suspected! The other really cool thing from that day was that I got to see my "sister," Catherine!! She drove down from Maryland to be there with us. I wish we could have spent a lot more time together then we did, but I am grateful for what we got. It was such a refreshing and uplifting day.
Saturday was also a special day for Jessica. Her boyfriend, Andrew, was baptized into the church! Andrew is just like another brother to me, he is very much a part of our family. Jessica and Tyler both gave talks, my dad baptized him, I led the music, and my mom prayed. It was very much a family event for us! I was so proud of my younger siblings. While Jessica was giving her talk I could just see her as a missionary, giving a similar lesson to someone in California. I could also see Tyler as a missionary some day. They both have such strong testimonies and are able to convey it through the spirit as they teach. They're incredible. I love attending baptisms and being reminded of my own baptismal covenants. I did take a few pictures that day.
![]() |
| We went out for frozen yogurt afterwards with a few of Andrew's friends that attended the baptism, my grandma, and the sister missionaries. |
![]() |
My plane left super early on Wednesday morning so we had to leave the house at 2 a.m. Jessica and I decided it wasn't worth trying to sleep so we stayed up watching t.v. and doing nails and stuff. It turns out having sing-a-longs on a long car ride is fun even at 2, 3, and 4 in the morning. I would recommend "Wicked," "Phantom of the Opera," and Disney songs. I was trying really hard not to cry during that drive and as I had to say good bye to Jessica. I did a good job too, but the second after I hugged her and turned to walk away in the airport the tears just started rolling. I'm sure it didn't help that I had been up all night! I am so grateful for the decision that she has made to serve the Lord for the next 18 months and I know that it will bless her life eternally, but I am really going to miss my best friend!! Lucky for her I'm a really good letter writer.







Oh Sarah! How fun for you and how very nice to be with your family for two such great occasions! I am really glad you got fly "home" for them.
ReplyDeleteOn a side note...Thank You for saying that your sister "received her endowment" rather than saying she "took out her endowments" as most Utahns say. That drives me crazy! An endowment is a gift, a promise, not something you leave with in a take-out box! Just a little rant.
And while we are on the subject, why are most frozen yogurt places painted that very bright green? Just wondered.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTalk about a tear jerker of a blog post! Sheesh! SOOooo so so SO happy!!!
ReplyDelete(my last comment was highly inappropriate, so I removed it. Ha... jk. Typo.)
I am so glad that you got to be your sister and your family for these very special occasions. It sounds like it was a wonderful and spiritual week.
ReplyDeleteI'm also looking forward to seeing your new pretty dress:)
Take Care,
JoLynn
Sounds like a perfect visit!
ReplyDelete