Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Day of Love!

Michael and I were married last year on Valentine's day but he was at AIT so we weren't able to celebrate together.  I don't think we even got to talk on the phone last year on Valentine's day!  That was a crazy time!! This year was WAY better!! We finally got to celebrate this day of love together!  Valentine's day isn't really that big of a deal to me, and Michael and I aren't exactly gushy, romantic kind of people.  It was fun to have a day to do a little bit more though.  We decided that we just wanted to do a stay at home date since it was the middle of  a work week and we didn't want to wait an hour or more at a restaurant.

Here's a confession:  We usually don't eat dinner at the dinner table!  We like to watch TV with dinner so we usually just eat on the floor!  So, to spice it up a little this is what I did:


In case you can't see what's in that bowl, those are pizza rolls!  I wanted to make a nicer dinner and actually eat at the table, but it was tricky because Michael had to do PT the next morning, so I didn't want to make anything too heavy.  So, I made something I knew he'd love and that we don't have very often instead!  (If you're interested I posted the recipe here, which is another blog I contribute to that is dedicated to delicious food!)

It was a really fun day with my love!  And fun to do something a little bit differently.  I also got to Skype with my sister that night.  Jessica went into the MTC (missionary training center) on Wednesday, so it was nice to be able to talk to her and see her again before she left for a year and half.

4 comments:

  1. What a very Happy Valentines Day! I think those quiet at home dinners are the best! I'm glad you guys got to be with each other too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never eat at the table either! What a cute dinner, so glad this year was better for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I love the food eating arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait what? Jessica's on a mission?! That is so awesome! Where is she going to?
    How fun to celebrate it like that! I think thats the best way, you are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete