Last Friday night Michael and I went to our first Military Ball. Leading up to this event I was so nervous and stressed about it because I had never been to one and I didn't know what to expect. I was especially nervous about finding the right dress and doing my hair the right way so I wouldn't embarrass Michael by being over or under-dressed. Luckily I had my sister and some other great friends to help me out!
The whole night was full of formalities and ceremony. Everything was done a certain way at a certain time. It was fun to get dressed up and hang out with our friends in a more fancy and formal setting. The first hour was cocktail hour. Which for us meant just standing and talking with our friends. The pictures are blurry because the lighting was bad in that room!
![]() |
| Here we have the Ward's, Morris's, Olsen's, Lane, and of course, Michael and I. |
After the toasts we were served our food but still couldn't eat until after another scripted, ceremonious thing. Michael and I both got steak and it was delicious!! I wish I had taken a picture of our table and the room because it was so beautiful!! I did take this one of Michael and I though:
After dinner some of the platoons did skits for entertainment. I didn't really understand any of them . . . They were more like poking fun at higher ups and inside jokes, so it wasn't all that entertaining to me, but everyone around me was busting up so I guess it was funny . . . Michael was in one of the skits, but all he had to do was sit and respond to the person talking. He did a good job! ;) After the entertainment they had a d.j. and the dance part got started. We didn't really dance though because the music was lame and the people that were dancing were all doing what looked like choreographed moves, or a line dance of some sort. It was a really fun night overall!!
After dinner some of the platoons did skits for entertainment. I didn't really understand any of them . . . They were more like poking fun at higher ups and inside jokes, so it wasn't all that entertaining to me, but everyone around me was busting up so I guess it was funny . . . Michael was in one of the skits, but all he had to do was sit and respond to the person talking. He did a good job! ;) After the entertainment they had a d.j. and the dance part got started. We didn't really dance though because the music was lame and the people that were dancing were all doing what looked like choreographed moves, or a line dance of some sort. It was a really fun night overall!!
![]() |
| I was bummed that we didn't get a more clear picture from earlier, so Michael let us take one when we got home!! He's a trooper! |




I'm glad you had fun! I wish Chris' work did fun formal stuff like that occasionally.
ReplyDeleteOh, you look so pretty!!!!
ReplyDeleteDid you lose one shoe at the ball?!?!? Never mind, you already found your prince!
What a handsome couple! Miss you long time.
ReplyDeleteYou are a gorgeous couple! I love your dress! You look absolutely radiant! I'm glad that you guys had a good time at the ball.
ReplyDeleteSarah. . .that color SO WORKS for you!! Very special look for you both. Making me proud, boy!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a beautiful couple! I showed a lot of people the picture you texted and they all said "Awwwww!" I read your other posts and they're wonderful. Love you!!
ReplyDelete