Monday, March 19, 2012

Hello Spring!

One of the things I really like about living in Texas is the beautiful Fall, Winter, and Spring weather.  It did get a little bit chilly and sometimes it was downright cold in the Winter but it was nothing compared to the Winters I'm used to after living in Utah, Maryland and Virginia.

The last few months we've been enjoying temperatures anywhere from 60-75!  It is wonderful!!  However, even with beautiful, sunshiney days there was still something missing.  It just didn't feel like Spring.  Last week on one of those beautiful, sunshiney days I was walking to my car and I smelled fresh cut grass.  And I noticed that the bushes were blossoming and the leaves were returning to the trees.  Spring had arrived.

To welcome Spring even more, Michael and I decided to buy some flowers for our deck.  I have never been one to garden or even water plants, so I was a little bit lost when we went to look for something.  Luckily for me Michael knew a little more then I did.  This is what we bought:
This is our cactus that sits inside on our kitchen table.  If I had thought of it sooner I would have painted the pot, or done something to make it a little cuter, but oh well.  We like it. 

This is our daylily.  It's our favorite.  That second bud actually opened today and there is a third bud that should be opening soon!

I think we're going to buy a few more of these hanging flowers because this one has really brightened up our deck.  And I just love it.  These are impatiens and they need a lot of water!  I read online that you should water them until the water drips out the bottom.  Well, I think I might have overwatered them just a little this morning because the water was more like pouring out the bottom . . . . I'll have to be extra careful when I water it to make sure that our neighbors aren't on their porch below us! 
I really love Spring!  And I love my new plants, they make me feel so cheery!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you! I like Spring! I wish it would just stay spring! Summer in Arizona is not my favorite time of the year to say the least. Before long it will be 100+ degrees and will last for at least 4 or 5 months. Yuck! But until then we will enjoy our beautiful spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a lover and friend of cacti I approve of your choice! What a dashing little prickly guy! He only needs water once in a while and it's pretty hard to kill him unless you over water of freeze him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spring! I love fun flowers! Oh that is an awesome cactus flower! beautiful! I cant wait till ours start to bloom! Wont be till May I think :(

    ReplyDelete