Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Birthday Boy

Michael's birthday was two Saturday's ago, I'm a little behind on updating the blog . . .

Here's how the day went:
The poor boy had to go to work at 5:30 and take a pt test.  Unfortunately his alarm didn't go off and he jumped panickedly out of bed at 5:15.  It was so crazy because he is NEVER late and he always checks and double checks his alarm.  He was somehow miraculously on time, it was a miracle because we live 20 minutes from base.  Anyway, long story short he was able to come home at 11:30, which was a lot earlier then we thought he'd be released.  We watched tv and then he napped for a bit while I made his birthday cake, then he talked to his mom, and we played the game I got him, 'Dominion.'

That night we had our friends, the Olson's and the Morris's, over.  We had pizza,cake and ice cream.  It was fun and the cake was delicious!  I made a Texas sheet cake for the first time and it turned out great!  It was a fun day and I think Michael enjoyed it despite his protests to celebrating.


3 comments:

  1. ooo that cake looks good! yummy! your so sweet! Sounds like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday Michael! It sounds like it was a great birthday (all but the waking up late and the test part)! I'm sure the day was a good one thanks to his darling wife helping to make it so special!

    Oh and your cake looks yummy! I wish I had a piece right now!

    ReplyDelete