Friday, June 1, 2012

Celebrations!!

This is what Michael drew on the calendar for today:
In case you can't tell what it means, he was promoted to sergeant today!!!  He has worked so hard in the last two years and I am very proud of him!  We celebrated tonight by getting some Panda Express.  It is a tradition to go to Panda whenever someone gets a new job or promotion, it was something his family did while he was growing up and I'm glad we're continuing it. We also had some razzleberry pie.  Both things were delicious!!

Michael is such a great husband.  My birthday is next Thursday and I am going to be in Austin for training.  By the time I get home we won't have much time to celebrate.  So, as a surprise this is what I came home to today:
It was a huge surprise, because who expects to celebrate their birthday a weekend early?!  He decided to do it tonight so that we could really celebrate when we actually had time.  He is so sweet and he really went all out!

 Big nerd warning and confession: I am a HUGE "Dr. Who" fan.  I especially love the 11th Doctor, who is played by Matt Smith.  The writing on the wrapping paper is various quotes from the Doctor.
I have no idea why this picture flipped, it's totally normal on my computer!
The flash seems to have messed this one up, it says, "There's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's very important and one day your life may depend on it . . . I am definitely a mad man with a box . . ."
 Michael even let me open my presents early!! He says there's another on it's way for my actual birthday.  He's so great!!
Like I said, total nerd!! I now have my very own super sonic screw driver, just like the Doctors'!
He also got me: the book: Ender's Game, the soundtrack to "The Hunger Games,"  season two of "Gilmore Girls,"  And a "Doctor Who" t-shirt.

I just love my husband so much.  It was a really great birthday surprise, very sweet and very thoughtful!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of all your Dr. Who things! I am also so grateful you married such a wonderful man! You two are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congrats to Michael on his big promotion and Happy Happy Birthday to you early!

    I'm so glad that Michael is so great to you. You two are a darling couple!

    ReplyDelete