Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday Morning

This morning I woke up around 7 after a nice full 8 hours of sleep.  On the one hand I was slightly annoyed because I really wanted to sleep in, but on the other hand I felt very well rested.  So I decided to get up and go for a jog.  I jogged for 3 miles straight, which was a personal best, and then walked for a mile.  I was very proud of myself.  I started jogging again about a month ago for the first time in about a year.  When I first tried to get back into it it was so hard!  I could barely do a mile without having to take walking breaks.  And now I can do 3 miles with no breaks!  Although, that is rare.  I usually try to do around 2 miles, but today I felt like pushing myself.  It felt really good!!

Side note: while I was jogging I was thinking about writing a blog post today and the song, "Monday Morning" by Death Cab for Cutie popped in my head, and I thought that would be an appropriate title.  Then, the song, "Monday Morning" came on my Ipod!  It was like my Ipod read my mind!!

This weekend has been so great!! On Friday I only had training from 8-12 and Michael had the day off for Memorial Day weekend so we got to spend some extra time together.  On Saturday I actually slept in, only until 8 but still!! I haven't slept in that late for two weeks, it was nice!  I went for a nice jog and then went swimming with my friend, Lori, and her two cute little girls.  Then, my other friend, Priscila, went into labor and we got to watch their little 3 year old, Matthew, while they were at the hospital.  Labor progressed slowly so we had Matthew until Sunday afternoon.  He is a really cute kid!  We watched, "Sesame Street," colored pictures, played outside with bubbles and side walk chalk, played with his letter flash cards and cars.  It was fun and nice to be able to help out.

It's been nice to have a few days to relax and get some things done.

Happy Memorial Day!!!



2 comments:

  1. Great job on the run! I really miss my morning runs they just helped me in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you and that your running again. Good for you! Running isn't my thing-at all! However, I wish it was and I've tried to make it my thing but it's really not. So I'm envious of those that it is there thing. Good for you!

    I'm glad that you enjoyed your time off and spending time with Michael and serving others. Your good people to serve and help out like that!

    ReplyDelete