My mom is one of the most impressive, faithful women I know. She is a great example to me every day of the kind of mom and wife I hope to be. My mom has always put her family and her kids first. I know that I can call my mom pretty much at any time of the day and she will either answer, or call me right back. Unless it's after 9, she goes to bed early (but my dad stays up late and he's pretty similar to my mom! More on that on Father's day though . . .)
It's so nice to have someone that you know is always there for you and that you know will always try to help you through whatever's going on, or if you just need a good laugh. For example, I was having a pretty rough time in church today but I didn't want to cry in front of my primary class, so I texted my mom and said, "I'm having an emotional day, quick tell me something funny!" And she texted me back with, "Do you need some aloe? 'Cause you just got burned! Bazinga!" It was a quote from the latest episode of "Big Bang Theory." It totally cheered me up, made me laugh, and I didn't cry in front of my class!
It's also been an additional bonus for me to have such a cool mom. She has introduced me to some great music, movies and books over the years. She also took me and my sister to our very first concert, The Back Street Boys. She's awesome!
And of course, there's my awesome mother-in-law! I love her so much! And one of the things I love most about her is she's very similar to my own mom. She knows all of the good movies and shows, she's very easy to talk to and to laugh with. She helps me improve in my home-making skills, such as baking and crocheting. She will randomly text me just to let me know she's thinking about me and about us and that she loves us, which I really love and appreciate. She is also a wonderful example to me of a loving mother and wife. And she is incredibly faithful! I am so grateful for the blessing of having such a great mother-in-law.
Now this I just thought was funny:
| This is totally my mom, just dancing away having a great time at my wedding. |
| Remember when I said my mom and my mother-in-law are very similar? |
| Here's the proof!! |
I am so grateful for my mom's and for all of the mom's that I know who have influenced my life and have taught me how to be a more righteous woman.


You are so sweet! It's such a joy to be your mom! I am a very blessed woman to have such amazing children! Thank you for writing this!
ReplyDeleteFirst off thank you so so much for inviting me to your blog. I'd have been so sad to not get to see what you guys are up to. You too are a darling little couple!
ReplyDeleteNext congrats on your job. It looks like a very busy job and one that not everyone could do. I really admire you!
Next I don't know your mom but she looks like she is a great lady and I know she has raised an incredible daughter. I do know Gena and she is awesome. I love her with all my heart and truly appreciate her and the wonderful example she has been to me in my life.
You have some great women in your life to look up to!
Thanks again for sharing!
YOU are adorable and wonderful and faithful and such a blessing to have in my life. I say it all the time; I could not have wished anything better for Michael than he find someone who loves him and makes him happy, and that he loves and makes happy. Thank you for being that great person (and I love you!!)
ReplyDelete