I have now completed my first full week of training. Overall it was a good week. I like the people in my training class and I like my instructor. I have a feeling that for the next few months my brain is going to be completely overloaded with all kinds of child protective service things. This last week I learned about the many different ways a child can be abused or neglected. I also learned more about family violence, drugs and child development. It will definitely be good to be aware of all of these things and be able to recognize them when I see them, however, I thank the Lord every day that I was not hired as an investigator. I am totally fine with working with the families after the kids have been removed, but I do not want to be the one to have to make that call.
Since I have had to wake up around 6:15 every morning I was looking forward to this weekend to catch up on some sleep and relax. However, my body has become accustomed to my 6:15 schedule and only let me sleep in by twenty minutes. It was okay though, I got up and went for a nice long jog. It was refreshing. After that Michael and I spent a very LOOOONG day buying a new car. Since I now have a full time, 8-5 (sometimes longer), grown up job we decided that we needed a second car so that Michael would have a way to get to and from work, without having to rely on others.
Here it is:
 |
| It's kind of a bad picture, but it's a 2009 Hyndai Elantra. We LOVE it so far! |
Yesterday was not relaxing at all. It ended up being a very long day full of paperwork and waiting. Today was the exact opposite. It was Stake Conference so we didn't have any church responsibilities. As much as I love our primary class, it was nice to get a break. We just hung out, ate a lot of really bad foods (Oreo's, eclairs, ice cream . . .), and watched season 5 of "Chuck." It was awesome!
Your new job sounds like it is going to be quite a growing experience. I'm glad you got to rest a little on Sunday. I totally know what you mean about it being nice to not have primary responsibilities. It's nice to go and just enjoy the meeting.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new car! That is always fun to get something new.
Take Care,
JoLynn