My friend, Lori, invited me over to watch the Olympic opening ceremony with her while our husbands went out with some friends they went to AIT with who were visiting for the week. I made Olympic torch cupcakes for the occasion. I can't take the credit for the idea though, I found it on a random blog I found.
I really liked the opening ceremony. The only thing I didn't really care for was the history of England's pop culture. And really the only thing I didn't like about that was they didn't feature anything from Doctor Who. I loved that they let the young athletes light the torch.So far we've only watched parts of men's gymnastics and the men's 400 IM, or something like that. Basically the race where Ryan Lochte dominated over Michael Phelps. I'm not much of a Michael Phelps fan. It was pretty cool what he did in Beijing, and it would be cool if he beat the all time record for gold medals. But, Ryan Lochte seems to want it more, so good for him!
I feel the EXACT same way about Michael Phelps. I want him to break that record, but he doesn't have to get gold to do that, he just has to get two medals of any old color, so I think Lochte should be the big winner this year!
ReplyDeletePlus it kind of seems like Phelps was having an attitude.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your cupcakes so cute! I WAS a huge fan of Michael Phelps at the Beijing Olympics but then....well....I've lost a bit of respect for him. I do think it's awesome that he did so well in Beijing and don't get me wrong I wish him all the luck in the world. However, I agree that he seems like he's got a bit of an attitude and Ryan Lochte seems like he wants it way more than Michael. But at any rate I hope all the USA athletes rock the Olympics! Go USA!
ReplyDelete