Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Birthday America!


Was it just me, or was it kind of strange to have a holiday right in the middle of the work week?  It was great, don't get me wrong, but then Thursday felt like Monday all over again, but then at the same time it was hard to get back into work mode knowing it was almost Friday.  Despite all of that, it was really great to have a break and to spend time with my love.

I love Independence day!  It is my favorite holiday!  Unfortunately I wasn't able to sleep in past 7, but fortunately I was able to go to Walmart before it got super busy.  I hadn't really prepared anything for the holiday and didn't realize it until I woke up that morning.  


For breakfast I made 4th of July Crepes:


They were delicious!!
 When I went to Walmart I rented the new Sherlock Holmes from Redbox.  We hadn't seen it yet.  We watched it with breakfast.  It was so good!! I love Robert Downey Jr.  We really hadn't talked about what to do on the holiday or made any plans for the middle of the day.  We ended up going out for lunch to Buffalo Wild Wings.  I have been craving it for a while and it did not disappoint!  After lunch we watched "Forest Gump" while I made an apple pie.

For dinner we went over to our friends, the Morris's, house for a barbecue.  We love hanging out with them and their two cute little girls.  After dinner and when it got dark enough, we walked just a block up from their home to a hill where we sat and waited for the fireworks on base to start.
It was a cool location because you could look in any direction and see random fireworks going off above the skyline.  The girls were excited because they had never seen fireworks before.  They were cute!  The fireworks on base were amazing!!
Cute Sophie and Michael chilling and watching the fireworks!

2 comments:

  1. What a great sounding 4th of July! Man I wish our 4th of July was that fun but I gotta say we are pretty boring and lazy at our place. Nothing to exciting happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could have been there with you! maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete