Okay, I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow, but close enough! And there are no guarantees my hair will be cute tomorrow.
I think all things considered I have had a pretty easy pregnancy. I was nauseous and had no appetite through the first trimester and a little into the second. Then I caught a terrible cold that I couldn't shake for months and had about 3 weeks straight of a sinus headache, but for the last several months I've been totally fine. The last month and a half I've been struggling to walk, stand up, sleep and breath, but nothing that wouldn't be expected when you're toting a basketball around 24/7. I think I've been blessed with the minimal pregnancy symptoms that I've had. I've been able to work throughout my entire pregnancy and I think I've been able to do just as good a job as I usually do-until the last few weeks when my brain has been getting extra fuzzy.
This baby boy of mine is crazy active and he is getting so big!! It's been fun to feel his little body part shapes as they've gotten bigger and bigger. His favorite thing to do has been to lodge his feet up under my ribs and kick. The last few days he's been kicking on my side ribs. It is quite uncomfortable. It's also pretty crazy to watch my whole belly shift and move as he wiggles around. I love it!
I have been going to the doctor twice a week for about a month now. I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension. The doctor is monitoring my blood pressures, fluid levels and doing non-stress tests on the baby. I've been able to see my baby weekly with the fluid level monitoring. I always get to see his little heart beat and see him practicing breathing and the doctor ALWAYS tells us the baby has to pee. ALWAYS. It kind of cracks me up because I thought babies just cut loose. The baby can be kind of a stinker during the non-stress tests. He wiggles around a lot and doesn't want to stay on the monitor, or he'll take naps and not move like he's supposed to for the readings. Besides all that my blood pressures have been good and the baby has been doing great.
Because of the gestational hypertension my doctor has scheduled me to be induced the week before my due date. We found out today that our induction has been scheduled for March 25th! That is just two weeks from tomorrow!! It seems so crazy! I feel ready and not ready all at the same time, along with terrified, anxious and excited. I'm glad I'll be working for the next two weeks because it really helps to keep my mind off of my many thoughts and fears about labor and delivery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How exciting! Im so happy for you guys! You two are going to be awesome parents. I can't wait to see what the little guy looks like:)
ReplyDeleteI want him to come right now!! He's just gonna be so cute!!
ReplyDelete