Sunday, April 12, 2015

Grandma Came to Visit

About a month and a half ago Michael and I found out that I am pregnant!  I'm 14 weeks along today.
This was taken at our 12 week appointment.
There was a lot of anxiety during the first few weeks after I found out I was pregnant.  I had an ultrasound done at about 9 weeks that revealed I had a subchorionic hemorrhage.  Basically, this is a tear in my uterus and the baby was not fully attached.  I was put on pelvic rest.  This meant no exercising and no heavy lifting-including no lifting my 20 pound 11 month old who is highly dependent on me.I didn't know what I was going to do!  I told my mom what was going on and she jumped on a plane to come help me! That's only a tiny bit exaggerated.  We found out all of this on a Thursday, and she came the next Tuesday.  Through the weekend I had a lot of help from Michael's aunt Marianne and my siblings.  I'm so grateful for everyone who was so willing to drop what they were doing and help our family.  At our 12 week appointment we got another ultrasound.  The doctor said that the tear had been completely healed and all restrictions were lifted!!  We were able to see a very wiggly, healthy little baby!
Cohen and Nathan loved having Grandma, or "Meemaw" (or "Mimi" as Cohen calls her), around to play with.  I think she had fun too. ;)  In fact, she was only supposed to stay for one week but after a little persuasion extended her trip for another week.
While my mom was here we took the little boys to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point.  They loved seeing the animals.  Nathan had no qualms about trying to pet the horsies.  He waved at them and blew them kisses.  He also wasn't scared when a llama came right up to the fence to say hi.
Grandma teaching Nathan new dance moves.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's the best when grandma comes to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome moves, grandma! I'm so glad someone was able to help you out :(

    ReplyDelete