Mother's Day was a rough day. Michael woke up not feeling well so I took Nathan to church by myself and he stayed home with Logan. Nathan usually gets restless during sacrament meeting but for some reason he was not only restless but also loud, whiny and fussy. Nothing I brought for him kept his interest and he was very vocal about it. Then we went home and Nathan and Logan ganged up on us and were both whiny, fussy, and demanding. Michael was so awesome all day and did his best to take care of all of us. He made me an awesome lunch and cleaned up the house. He really did an awesome job at trying to make it a great day.
 |
| Nathan really didn't want me to take his picture, even though he was looking super cute in his church clothes! |
 |
| Nathan's nursery leaders have been super impressed with him. They said he seems much older then most of the other kids in there. They said last week the other kids were all crying and whining during their snack but Nathan just sat and quietly ate his. I can't get over how much I love this little kid! |
 |
| Love these two boys that call me mom! Okay-only Nathan actually calls me that. Logan only says "dada" so far. |
 |
| Nathan colored this cute little bookmark for me in nursery. |
I love being a mom! It is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. Sometimes I think about Nathan's cute little face and cute little voice and his sweet personality and I just want to cry because I'm so overwhelmed with love and gratitude that he's mine and I get to be his mom. And I think about Logan who is trying so hard right now to scoot and crawl and who's whole face lights up when he sees me and Michael. He was so fragile when he was born and I was so terrified. But now he's strong and healthy and he's developing his own little personality. My heart could burst every time he lays his sleepy little head on my shoulder. Even though she completely snuck up on us, I am really excited to have a baby girl. I love feeling her kicks. She's so little but already seems so strong. I think she's going to be very feisty and give her brothers a run for their money.
I'm also really grateful for my mom and the example that she's been to me over the years. She's always a good sounding board when I need help or advice. She's come out to visit and help out so many times with very little notice sometimes. She's an awesome mom and grandma. And I'm grateful for my mother-in-law who has also come through for us and been there to help us without us even asking. Last September she saw a need and she came at a time when I was just about to break into a million pieces. I will forever be grateful to her for that.
 |
| Since Sunday was such a rough day Michael was a mega sweetie and we did a "Mother's Day Part 2" on Monday. We went to the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. The Tulip Festival had ended the Saturday before so we got to enjoy the tulips without the crowds of people. We took a picnic lunch and I took my camera that I got at Christmastime but haven't had a lot of time to try out. I know I say this a lot but it was a beautiful day. It was overcast and a bit breezy, so the temperature was perfect. Nathan was able to run around and explore because there were no people. It was amazing. I think it's going to be a new tradition for us! |
Thanks Sarah! It's such a privilege to be your mom!! I'm so impressed with the awesome mom you have become!
ReplyDelete