Monday, July 11, 2016

Happy Birthday America!

 The Friday night before the 4th of July Nathan and Logan were woken up by people setting off fireworks.  When I went in to settle Nathan back down he said, "it's your birthday mom?"  When I told him no and that it was fireworks outside he said, "I go see fireworks!"  So we let him and Logan get up out of bed and were able to see some fireworks from our bedroom window.  Saturday and Sunday Nathan kept asking us if he could go see fireworks.  Sunday night Nathan started throwing up.  Then he woke up several times that night and threw up again.

Michael had signed up for the Freedom Days 5K in Provo a few months back.  The original plan was for us to run it together, but being 31 weeks pregnant put a big damper on that for me. :(  I was still going to take the boys down so we could cheer for Michael at the end, but with Nathan throwing up and not feeling well I stayed home with the boys instead.  Michael did really well in his first 5K!  I really hope we can run it together next year!
This poor kid just wanted to be held and snuggled throughout most of the day.
During a rare moment when Nathan was feeling a little better I took them outside for some fresh air.  Luckily Emily had come over so she could help me out!
Jessica and Gared came over in the afternoon and we had a barbecue.  Nathan seemed to be feeling a little better after his nap and was finally keeping some food down so we went over to the church parking lot to light off some fireworks.  Logan decided that this would be a great time to learn to clap!  It was the cutest thing ever!!  The fireworks were a little too loud for Nathan but overall I think he had a good time!  We were going to go over to Thanksgiving Point to watch their fireworks show but decided to stay home and watch them from our balcony.  As much as Nathan had been wanting to watch the fireworks, we were out there for all of a minute before he started telling us he wanted to go inside.  It was an exhausting day but turned out a lot better then I thought it would and we still got to do most of the things we wanted to.  I just felt so bad for Nathan being sick so much of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment