Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Water Fun!

My friend, Angela, gave us a good tip about a new splash pad that had recently opened in Lehi.  Turns out it is right down the road from us!!  Nathan and I were driving home last week and saw that it was open so we decided to stop and check it out.  Annoyingly I had just taken the swim diapers out of my diaper bag, but I thought he'd be fine if we were just getting our feet wet.  Nathan had his little Thomas train with him.  He liked splashing with Thomas in the water, and then had fun letting Thomas drive through the water.  There was a really nice city rep there that informed me he really did need a swim diaper if he was going to play in the water, but, she really was super nice and said she'd let it slide this time.  I guess I was "that" mom that day . . . we left shortly after that.  Nathan had so much fun though, and I just couldn't resist letting him play despite his lack of appropriate gear!
We went back to the splash pad the next day.  This time Nathan had his swimming suit and a swim diaper, and we even brought some friends.  Cohen was hanging out with us for the day, and Ivy and Abe met us there.  Nathan had a blast playing with all of his besties.
Another water gun fight in the bathtub!
I've been wanting to take the boys to the pool all summer but Michael has been so busy and it's hard for me to take both boys anywhere by myself.  Jessica came over one afternoon so we could go.  I'm so glad she moved closer!  It was Logan's first time in the pool!  He loved it!!  Nathan . . . not so much.  I think his floaty is a little too big for him and it made him feel off balance.  He just kept asking to go home.  The weather was beautiful though and we had the pool to ourselves most of the time we were there.  It was a great day to get outside and go to the pool for the first time all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment