Sunday, June 27, 2021

Last Day of School

At the beginning of May I made these sticker charts to help us all stay motivated to finish out our school year and finish up our books! I told the kids that if they got all of their stickers they could earn a new LEGO set. It worked really well! We also learned half way through the month that Netflix was coming out with season 2 of Jurassic World Camp Kretaceous. So I also told the kids we could have a pizza party/marathon if they got to a certain point in their charts before it came out. It was extra motivational and they were so excited to do their schoolwork each day! Win win win!

Last day of school every one doing their math assessments!

Katelyn was especially excited to finish her book! She is so excited to start Kindergarten next year!



So excited to finish their sticker charts!
New LEGO sets-2 campers and a boat!
Nathan wanted to wear his level up shirt because he said he's "leveling up to 2nd grade!" :)









It always makes me want to cry to see how much they've grown! They all did so well this year! And it was not an easy year! I tried so hard to find them curriculum at the beginning of the year that I thought would be well suited to their learning styles and my teaching style. Plus being pregnant and then having a baby in the middle of the first semester really made things very difficult. By the end of October and into November I felt like I was pulling teeth to get school done and I was having stress dreams about certain upcoming math lessons. We were all just doing the best we could but it was really hard.  In December I decided to switch both boys to a new Math curriculum and switch Nathan's Language Arts as well.  So we started from scratch in the new year.  We were able to fly through a lot of the first books since a lot of it was review. But within the first month of switching Nathan told me he really liked math now and I wanted to cry because it was such a relief! The second semester went much better even though we had to double and triple up on lessons to finish by the end of the year! We'll be sticking with the same curriculum next year and it will be a relief to only do one lesson each day!

Lastly, it only took me all year but by the end I finally got this cute cart to help get everything organized! It was so helpful for that one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment