I would like to say one year ago yesterday my best friend asked me to marry him, but that's not quite how it happened. We had driven to Colorado, I met his family and immediately loved them. My sly husband led me to believe that we were not going to be getting engaged that weekend. So I was understandably confused when he hit one knee as we were walking through "Garden of the Gods." My confusion melted to pure joy as he pulled out the ring.
He told me we could take it back and exchange it if I didn't like it. It wasn't until after the ring was securely on my finger and he was assured that I LOVED it that he popped the big question . . . with some prompting. :) Oh how I love him!
It's nice to think back on that day one year later. I was so blissfully in love that I didn't really care to think about what the next year would be like. I knew that my new fiancée would be leaving for basic training in one week and that he'd have another training after that, but none of it mattered at that time. It has been a long year. One full of uncertainty and some ups and downs. The greatest thing of course being our wedding in September. Our future is still full of uncertainty, but things are starting to look up. Michael should be graduating from AIT at the beginning of April, which will bring an end to our LOOOOONG year plus of separation.
The night we got engaged Michael got a hair cut.
I had this picture and the one above it up in my apartment and I had several people ask me which one was my fiancée!! It's funny now to look at these pictures with his hair so long! Lucky for him he's quite handsome no matter how long or short his hair is!
**Someday, hopefully in April, I'll be able to write about current events that include my husband. But for now I'll have to do with reminiscing.
I am so glad to hear that you may soon be able to actually LIVE with your husband in your own place. What a novel idea!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I was so happy he got that haircut! He's much too cute to hide under those bangs!
Your handling the separation very well! Your a great Army wife!
ReplyDeleteHa... so.... I thought you were stying that you had just that bottom picture up in your apartment and that people couldn't tell the difference between you and Michael. Don't worry, I thought those people were idiots cause you don't look like a man.
ReplyDeleteCute :) You're cute :)
Oh and I second that happiness that he got a haircut. You know that.
ReplyDeleteOh Sarah, you are one strong woman! When my husband was gone for just a few days I decided that I could never be a military wife. Sending prayers your way...to be together with your hubby soon!
ReplyDeleteHappy reminiscing! April is coming......
ReplyDelete