Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Beatles

The Beatles have always had a special place in my heart and in my musical background, thanks to my mom.  In fact, my mom will probably say that I stole another one of her ideas for a post.  Some people have cup cake wars, well we have blog wars! Just kidding, but she really did tell me once that I took one of her ideas.  And if it were a war, I'd be winning! ;)  I love you mom!! You can still write a post about the Beatles if you want, since you were alive when they were together, and your love runs even deeper then mine.

Back to the topic on hand:

I love them!  When I listen to their music a song will come on and I'll think, "this is definitely my favorite Beatles song." Then the next song comes on and I think, "oh, maybe this is my favorite
Beatles song."  And this continues throughout my listening experience.  I cannot for the life of me pick just one favorite Beatles song!!

I also love Beatles Rock Band!  The very first time Michael and I met we played Beatles Rock Band with our mutual buddy, Jordan, so it also has a special place in my heart.  I usually like to sing, but I have recently began playing the guitar.  I think I'm getting better too!  I recently moved up to the medium level and have been getting pretty good scores.  I am not yet ready to attempt the drums though.  I've tried a few times, but have been embarrassingly unsuccessful!

While I was in Colorado my favorite in-laws took me to Red Rocks Amphitheater.  Guess who played there on their "First American Tour?"  Yep, you guessed it!


This is the stage.

This was the view of the amphitheater, looking out from the stage.
The amphitheater was really cool! It was worth walking up all the stairs (my mother-in-law learned later that it was equivalent to 7 flights) to check it out.


It was a little bit cloudy, or maybe smoggy, but there was a cool view of Denver from the top of the amphitheater.
At the top of the amphitheater there was a museum that had pictures and memorabilia from different bands and musicians that have played there.  Here are a few more of my pictures:

This is the roster from the year The Beatles played.  They had one up for every year the amphitheater has been open, the oldest one dating back to the early 1900's.


I know this is John Denver, not a Beatle.  John Denver was one of the artists featured in the museum, my dad likes him so this picture is for him.  

4 comments:

  1. Thats my girl! I am so proud I could pass on the love for the best rock band ever! and side note I was just a baby when they were popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reeeeally want to play Beatles rockband! Reallly bad! I lost my One CD and I am sad. Those are the things I have to tell you.

    (also, at first I thought you were saying that you saw Paul McCartney or something in Denver and I was wondering why you never told me that and then I read it again and understood better)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you even KNOW what a Beatles family you married in to? Brittany and you may have to have a conversation! How awesome would that have been to see them live? A lady greeter who works at the A. F. Walmart was wearing a Beatles shirt one day. We remarked on her good taste as we walked by and she then told us she was a fan from waaaay back. She was at their concert at Candlestick Park in 1966. It was their last tour concert ever! Brittany felt like she was talking to royalty!

    I remember the night they played on the Ed Sullivan Show. Now, I was only 7 years old,
    but it had a huge impact on me. My older brothers were digging it and my parents were exclaiming about how long their hair was and how the world was ending! I have always loved them since that night!

    This is one more gold star for you in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to add that you were singing along with Beatles Rock Band. Steve looked at me and said, "Hey, that's one sweet voice!" I agree whole heartedly. It's a JOY that you love such good music.

    Michael's favorite has fluctuated between "A Day In The Life" and "Paperback Writer"... so it was really cool to hear you singing the latter. You DO have a great voice. You rock!

    ReplyDelete