Thursday, February 24, 2011

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems!!

I am in love with the beach!! I love:
-The ocean. It is so beautiful.  I love the way the waves look and sound as they crash and roll on to shore.  I love staring out at the vastness of the ocean.  It's so huge and all you can see is the blue water stretching out forever.  When the sun is setting, or rising, over the water it makes everything extra beautiful.  I do have to say though, one thing I don't like about the ocean are the animals (and that is quite an understatement).


-The sand, especially when it's warm.  I love the way it looks, the way it feels, especially between your toes.  I love finding seashells.  I love lying on the warm sand under the hot sun.


-Playing at the beach and swimming in the ocean, especially in the waves.  I'm not brave enough to try surfing or to swim out to far, but it doesn't keep me from having a great time.

-Board walks and piers.  I like all of the little shops and salt water taffy.  I like walking along the pier over the ocean and the view

-Taking pictures.  Thank goodness for digital cameras because I always end up taking so many pictures just trying to capture the beauty and majesty of it all.  Pictures just can't do it justice.

Last week when my family was in North Carolina we visited Kitty Hawk.  We didn't have as much time on the beach as I would have liked, and the water was waaaay to cold to get in, but other than that I loved every single minute of it!  We got there right as the sun was setting making it absolutely beautiful and peaceful.  I think I could have stayed there all night!!



5 comments:

  1. Beaches are a thing I wish I had. Besides Utah's beach- 7-Peaks. I agree with everything you said and I have to say, I'm quite surprised that you'll even go to a beach, considering that you wont even watch Finding Nemo, the best movie ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Sarah! (To what Emily said) Also who is MAF? Someone you met in NC? And does the fact that you just wrote this blog means mom will write one tomorrow? Because I swear you guys only write your blogs either on the same day or a day after each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the beach!! I love it, too!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know deep down you really want to go swimming with dolphins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. I also love the beach. And I also to not like the animals in it! When John and I were in Can Cun we accidently watched shark week like three days before we went home. I couldn't get in the water after that... But I still enjoyed the beauty of it all. I just enjoyed it under an umbrella with a good book! :)

    ReplyDelete