Michael LOVES apple pie, so I made him one today for our FHE treat. It was my first solo attempt at making a pie completely from scratch I think I had too many apples for the filling though . . .
A funny story, I was telling Michael that I'd never made a pie by myself before and I didn't know how the crust was going to turn out, etc. I just know how much he loves apple pie and he kept telling me how excited he was to try it. I was so nervous because I really wanted him to like it! When I was telling him all of that I wanted to say, "you don't have to lie to me if you don't like it," but instead I said, "you can just lie to me . . ." Oops! Freudian slip!!
I didn't know how the crust was going to turn out, or if it would, so I bought one from the store just in case!! I am happy to say that I didn't need to use it! The filling turned out really liquidy. I'm not really sure how to fix it. It tasted good though!
Bon Appetit!!




It looks yummy to me! I am no expert, but more sugar makes syrup thicker, some apples are juicier, and sometimes the pie thickens up when it is cooler. You'll just have to tell Michael he will have to keep tasting your experiments until you are satisfied with the results. I don't think he will complain!
ReplyDeleteYou are just so great. I have to say that. I'm having one of those days where everything makes me cry, and you being so great and making an apple pie kinda gets me choked up.
ReplyDeleteGREAT SOLO JOB!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOk, so depending on the apple, add a couple tbs cornstarch when you add the sugar,and mix it all up!!!! It will thicken it for you!!!
I want some!
I think it looks wonderful! Great job!
ReplyDelete