Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some of My Favorite Things

Last Saturday Michael and I flew to Virginia for a visit with my parents, and it has been delightful.  Yesterday we drove up and showed Michael around Washington D.C.  Here are some pictures:

We started out by going to Arlington National Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  
We got there just in time to watch a changing of the guards ceremony.
A picture can't really capture the look or feel of the cemetery. 
We had a nice picnic by the Potomac River before driving into the city.
I learned more about UAV's (or drones) in the Air and Space Museum.  This one is the Shadow.

This is my favorite picture from the whole trip.  I just love Michael's face!! And I love it even more that he told me after he was trying really hard to smile!! He's so cute!
Sitting outside the National Museum of American History.
The end of the World War II section of the "Price of Freedom" exhibit.
My mom and dad at the Washington monument.  They're so cute!

My dad got creative with his picture taking.
And Michael got cheesy. ;)


Michael become a column hugger in DC . . . :/

It was a long day full of walking and sight-seeing.  We were lucky and had an over cast sky, making the weather pleasant.  It was a great day in one of my favorite places with my favorite people.

6 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures, I love the first creative one and the one where Michael is trying so hard to smile!
    I'm so excited to see pictures of you in DC/VA and know I'll get to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine this: My only comment was going to be "Jessica is short." But then looking further, I realized that Jessica is not in any of these pictures. Turns out it was your mom. Cute pictures!!! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful city! I really wish I could come see it just once.

    I am so impressed with Michael's smile! I see how it is...he smiles for the in-laws but not for his aunt. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Sarah! Isn't Arlington amazing? I love the dipping/kiss picture and the one of you looking over D.C. Looks like you had a great time. Miss your sweet smile girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful trip. So fun that you got to spend sometime with your parents and show Michael some great sites. You too are a darling little couple! I love Michael's face too-what a great smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. VA is only slightly better than Abingdon, right!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete