This time around I decided I would try to make a dress and I would really try to understand and follow the pattern. I think I did really well too. It took a lot of time and effort to figure out putting together the bodice but the skirt was very easy to assemble. So I had both of my pieces and had to attach them. I carefully pinned them together and then carefully (and awkwardly) sewed them together . . .
Do you see my mistake?? My excitement at having successfully sewed the pieces together was quickly turned to frustration! I was so mad at myself!! It actually looks really good except for the fact that I sewed it on to the wrong side! UGH!!!
I'm going to have to cut it off and then remake the bodice. I tried to just take out the stitching but the stitches are too tight and too close and it just ripped the fabric. Since I had a few trial and errors with the bodice it shortened it a little bit and cutting it off is going to make it too short. :(
I think I'm going to make another skirt before I go back to fixing my dress. Plus, maybe I'll actually install a zipper this time so I can feel more confident when I need to do it on my dress.


Well I think you did a great job, anyway. Hey at least your willing to give it a try. I'm an old mom here and I don't know how to sew. Good for you for trying and I know next time you make a dress you'll do wonderful!
ReplyDeleteYa know what?? I'm proud of you for even sewing in the first place. That takes guts, girl!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I knew how to sew!!! Even with a sewing machine I'm not very good at all! I remember in JR High I was soooo excited to take a sewing class, and we made pillows at first, and it turned out ok. Then was pajama bottoms... ya they didnt turn out well at all, and I hated the pattern and I thought it would be cool to put slits up the sides of them so it wouldnt make them so peg legged, ya didnt work out so very well. after that I just gave up. Now my little sister April?! She can sew aprons and little skirts and cute little things. anyways just dont give up!!!
ReplyDelete