Saturday, November 5, 2011

Emily's Wedding, Part 1

My best friend is now married!!  Her wedding was yesterday . . . although it feels like it's been a lot longer, probably because today has felt so long!!  I flew out to Utah last Saturday to be there for her wedding week and all the last minute errands and fun things that happen.  I made a collage of pictures from the week because that's my new thing!

Okay, on the top and center right are pictures from Halloween.  I was an Indian princess, in case you couldn't tell.  ;) The bottom right picture is the River Jordan Temple.  I went to the distribution center with a friend and couldn't resist taking a picture.  It's so beautiful!  The bottom left picture is my friend Heather and I outside the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.  We did a session there on Tuesday.  It was great to be able to go to the temple and catch up with Heather.  The center picture is Emily's mom, Joanna, and I.  We were matchy matchy for the family dinner on Thursday night!  I love Joanna, she is my second momma! She taught me this really cool quilting thing in between all of our running around and wedding prep stuff.  I'll blog more about that later though.  Also, on that domestic note, check out my skirt.  I made it myself!!  Back to the collage, the top left picture is of mine and Emily's roommates we lived with in Pleasant Grove.  Erica is on the left and Angela is on the right.  I love those girls!! I'm so glad I got to see them a little bit this week!  As fun as family dinners already are, they made Emily's especially fun for me!

I don't have a picture of this, but while I was in Utah, Michael was promoted to the rank of Specialist!!  I am so happy and proud of him!  I was a little sad that I wasn't there with him to celebrate.  We're going to go out next weekend though.

Lastly,
This is my favorite picture from the family dinner.  It was taken in Emily's front yard before the dinner.  It reminded me of when we graduated from high school and took pictures in the same spot.  Seven years later we are still best friends, have been roommates twice, are both graduated from college and have had our share of ups and downs in the dating realm.  And now, as of yesterday we are both married to wonderful men.  I married a Michael and she married a Micah! We are totally still BFF's!!

4 comments:

  1. I know you promised not to tag any of those pictures of us roomies, so would you mind sending them to me? I would love to have that one and the one from the reception, that would be dandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Congratulations to Emily! I love the skirt you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. I'm so glad that you were able to be there for her wedding. I love the picture of the two of you together. Your skirt is darling and I really wish I could learn to sew. Good job you! A very BIG congrats also to Michael. He is such a stud! So proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the collage Sarah how did you do that? Si fun to see you on your visit to Salt Lake. Glad to hear about Michael's promotion as well.

    ReplyDelete