This last week has felt kind of long. It's been a good week, mostly, just a long one. I started at my job this week. I think my "trainer" was relieved that I already knew so much. It was such a weird feeling/experience actually. When I worked there before I was the trainer, so when other people in the group would ask questions my automatic reaction was to respond to their questions. Good thing I'm good at holding my tongue! Training was not hard at all, and I don't feel any information overloads or anything. It feels more like I'm trying to recall things from a dream, only some stuff though. A lot of it just came right back to me, like riding a bike. The only thing that's bugging me is I am a shy/reserved person in new places, it takes me a while to get comfortable and open up. So, even though I know what I'm doing I still feel like I'm adjusting to a new store, new people, etc. It's weird. I wish I could be one of those people that can feel comfortable walking into a room full of new people. Working at my social work jobs helped me get better at talking to people when I didn't know them, because we'd have new kids coming in all the time, but I'm still not all the way comfortable with it. It was hard this week to have to go to work when Michael was home. He's been really great though, he always is. He's very encouraging, supportive, and appreciative. He even surprised me with a clean house one night!
I am very grateful to have a job, and I am very grateful they are scheduling me for 40 hours a week. Michael and I have had some expenses pop up at us that would have really stressed me out if we didn't have the extra money coming in, so it was really good timing and a really great blessing for us. It will just take me a little more time to get used to being back at work, and back at Target.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Lord knows us and blesses us. I know it is hard but you will be a stronger person for it and your marriage will become stronger as you work together as one.
ReplyDeleteYay, 40 hours? That's great! You are the bestest!
ReplyDeleteYay for extra paychecks, they're wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteI am really proud of you! You are an amazing women and you and Michael are truly being blessed!
ReplyDeleteI love Target! I hope it is a fun job for you. Any word about Grad school yet?
ReplyDelete