Thursday, April 19, 2012

April in Utah, Part 2

This last week and a half seems like a big blur!  It has been full of food, family, friends, card games, and more food!  Monday through Thursday we hung out with Michael's family.  Thursday night we went up to Salt Lake to hang out with Daniel and Brooke.  We went to the new City Creek mall that is now open across from Temple Square.  It is really pretty!  I might have been a little obsessed with taking pictures . . .



Can you see the flame in the middle of the water?! Awesome!


On Friday Daniel graduated from LDS Business College, but that has to have it's own separate post.  Mostly because I have a lot of pictures to put up and haven't made a collage yet. ;)

On Saturday we went back down to American Fork to hang out with Michael's family again, and especially with his sister, Alli.  She was only able to come out for two days due to work and her own graduation, but we were really glad we got to see her, even for just a day.  Since we had all of the Faria's in one place we took some family pictures.



On Sunday we hung out with Michael's family again during the day and then for dinner we went over to one of my many "homes" that I claim, the Robinson's.  I love these people, I spent many nights sleeping on their couch and eating their food.  Sunday dinner was one of my favorite things and it did not disappoint!

Hangin' out with my bestie at her family's house waiting for dinner.  I still think it's so fun that those two teenage BFF's are now married BFF's.  And, the best part was our husbands like each other too!  So now we can be couple BFF's!

On Monday I learned a new craft.  It's called anigurumi . . . I think.  Remember these guys:
My mother-in-law made these for us for Christmas.  Well, while we were in Utah I learned how to do this! Okay, not exactly the Star Wars creatures.  There are tons of different patterns and things you can make!  It was a lot easier then I thought it would be too!  Of course, in the future I need to remember to be a little bit more careful with counting stitches and remembering what row I'm on . . . Even so,  I think my octopus turned out pretty cute:

Tuesday we had to fly back to Texas.   Our flights took off and landed right on schedule, which was really nice.  Even though is was hard to go and hard to say good bye, I'm glad that we have some things to look forward to.  I start my new job on Monday and am very excited!  It's also always nice to sleep in your own bed again after having been away for a while.

I am falling asleep as I am posting this, I think that's my sign to log off!!

3 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! I love the octopus! :D that is sooo much fun! You had too much fun. Its funny, I love close to City Creek, and I havent even made it out there yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun having you here! I am glad you can put up with all of us and our tiny little house on the corner! We sure love you and miss playing "golf" every evening with you!
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was a fun filled week. I wish we could have joined in on all the fun. Thanks for all the great pictures of everyone too. I think the Farias got some great daughter in laws! Oh and I'm excited to see that new mall. I think we will make it up there this summer-I hope.

    Take Care!
    JoLynn

    ReplyDelete