Sunday, April 29, 2012

Last Post from Vacation

I forgot to mention a few things in my other vacation posts, and I still need to put up pics from Daniel's graduation.

First of all, being a military family has a lot of down sides, but it also has some really great perks.  Perk #1 we enjoyed while on vacation: the USO lounge in the Denver airport.  I never wanted to leave!  They had the most comfy chairs I have ever sat in and the best orange, walnut, cranberry muffins I have ever eaten.  It was the best layover of my life!! Until we stopped again on the way back!  Perk #2: I love businesses that support the military and offer a lovely discount to those with a military id.  Thus resulting in my shopping trip for new work clothes saving me a whole bunch of money!  And free drinks at Gandolfo's.  And three free checked bags while flying on Frontier airlines! Perk #3: The very nice people at the Provo airport who upgraded our seats to first class!  Okay sorry, enough bragging.

One of the nights we were in Utah we went on a triple date with Michael's cousin, Diana, and her husband, Nick, and with Emily and Micah.  It was a lot of fun and I wish we could always go on couple dates with these people!  We went bowling and then to Buffalo Wild Wings.  I am not a bowler, any of the five people listed above will tell you that.  On the second game we played I somehow managed to throw the ball backwards! I still don't know how I did it, but in my head all I could picture were the little mii character's on the Wii jumping up and spinning around!!  It was pretty funny!

As I mentioned before Daniel graduated from LDS Business Collage with honors.  His graduation was held in the Tabernacle on Temple Square.  Here are the pictures from that:
Notice how Daniel is shaking hands with Elders Holland and Christensen, apostles from the Quorum of the 12.  Elder Christensen spoke at the graduation and Elder Holland was supporting his wife who was given an honorary degree.

It was a great vacation.  We loved hanging out with so many family members and friends, and wish that we had had more time!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Denver USO! They have good iced lemonade too. :) I wish we could always date you guys too, and don't sweat the bowling, at the end of it all, you have the best story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thrown a few backward balls in my day, but more on the Wii than real life! It's fun anyway!

    We sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete